Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the radiator fan in a 99 Chevy Cavalier 2.2?

I can't seem to get it out of the engine compartment. I've tried through the top and through the bottom, and both ways it keeps getting wedged in between the engine and front end. I've loosened the front bracket and the radiator, what else am I missing? Do I have to take the whole radiator out?How do I change the radiator fan in a 99 Chevy Cavalier 2.2?
Yes, you do need to take the whole radiator out. Also, doesn't it make sense to think how you are going to put the new fan in? You can disconnect the front engine mount and tilt it backwards. Should it be that difficult? Absolutely not but gm has never had a bad habit of thinking of %26quot;repairability%26quot; of their product. Actually, this outfit has never been thinking-oriented...How do I change the radiator fan in a 99 Chevy Cavalier 2.2?
try removing the motor from the fan shroud