Saturday, November 20, 2010

I need to change the radiator fluid on my 2004 chevy cavalier. How do I drain the old fluid?

I don't see a drain plug.I need to change the radiator fluid on my 2004 chevy cavalier. How do I drain the old fluid?
theres a valve on the bottom of your radiator if you cant find it just take off the bottom hoseI need to change the radiator fluid on my 2004 chevy cavalier. How do I drain the old fluid?
It should be on the bottom of the radiator, it will look like a little wing nut. If you dont find it, you can just pull the lower radiator hose. There are also drain plugs on the engine, the are towrds the bottom, underneath a sensor (the name isnt coming to me right now.)I need to change the radiator fluid on my 2004 chevy cavalier. How do I drain the old fluid?
beyond draining the fluid from the bottom of the radiator you also need to turn on a water hose and pour it into the radiator while the engine is running. once the fluid coming out of the bottom of the radiator is clear, shut off the engine, then take an air compressor spray air into the top of the radiator until no water is coming out of the bottom. then replace the wingnut and fill the radiator to the specs listed in the owners manual.