Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can't remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?

I was trying to get the radiator plug so i can change my coolant. However, the nuts on the plastic guard look rusty and keep slipping on my socket wrench. Do i need to remove the guard to get to the drain? Also, how can i loosen up these rusted nuts?Can%26039;t remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?
Wash the rust off and clean the things with a wire brush. One things I'm going to tell you, by draining and filling the radiator you're replacing less than half the coolant. Locate a shop that can do a flush for $60-80. They use a machine and replace 100% of the coolant. New thermostat is recommended after a flush and you can do this yourself. Make sure the overflow tank is clean too, if not take it out and wash it with soap.Can%26039;t remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?
Need to know what type of vehicle. Most you can remove the bolts with either a smaller socet beat on with a hammer or a vise-grip type pliers.Can%26039;t remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?
How can a stupid machine flush the engine block and radiator with the thermostat in place and closed ?? Flushing is a rip off and does no good. It does make money for the shop. It may in fact cause more plugging of radiator coolant passages.Can%26039;t remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?
How about removing the lower radiator hose instead?