Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Idle Air Control Valve issue **2001 Nissan Maxima***?

I changed my Radiator this weekend and ever since, for some unknown reason, my Idle Air Control Valve is making noise. I guess I'm hearing the stepper motor pulse about 5-6 times. It happens when I put the key to ACC, when I step on the gas and when I turn it off. The mechanic diagnosed this and said not to worry about it BUT I have some questions. WHY is is all of a sudden happening? Does this mean it is going bad? What is the worse that can happen if it goes bad? How hard is it to replace? It's on a 2001 Nissan Maxima.



THANKS!Idle Air Control Valve issue **2001 Nissan Maxima***?
if it breaks.. it won't idle right,, either you will have high engine idle speed or low idle speed..

slight noise on the servo as you turn on the key is normal. it shows that the servo is working or turning to position it self.. as your car gets older.. the sound of it will be louder until you will no longer hear it and it won't work any more..