Thursday, September 22, 2011

In general, are Audis difficult to service?

Some German cars are difficult to service. The designs are very complicated. I heard that Audi A4 require that you take off the front bumper skin and grill to change a headlight bulb and some major body parts need to be taken off to change the water pump. Is this true or at least my impression? I heard that 1980's Maserati Biturbos needed radiator removal to change the oil...very stupid design or designed by someone with no regard to costs and labor. How about Audis, particularly the A4? I am looking for a slightly better car, like Volvo S60, Saab 9-3, Acura TSX, Lexus IS250 AWD, etc.In general, are Audis difficult to service?
Audi's are complicated and repair costs will reflect that fact. Audi shops also charge a lot in labor, compared with Honda/Acura mechanics for example. Audi's are also known for their electrical gremlins. If you are concerned about repair costs, I would avoid Audi or stay under a warranty.In general, are Audis difficult to service?
Expensive to service.In general, are Audis difficult to service?
Yes, I've done that headlight job, it's a joke but not a funny joke. They have lifetime tranny fluid, lifetime, are you kidding me? You can't even check the one I dealt with. Yes expensive to maintain.In general, are Audis difficult to service?
NO you dont have to remove the whole front end to change a headlight

water pump is another story