Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I adjust the temperature on my radiator?

My dorm room has a big, old radiator under the window and I don't know how to change the temperature. There is a black knob on top that screws in and out - will that change the temperature? If so, will screwing it all the way in or all the way out make the room warmer?How do I adjust the temperature on my radiator?
Radiators are usually filled with water, but sometimes oil. The liquid is heated in a central furnace and the hot liquid then carried by pipes to each radiator unit. The screw will open or close the inlet that allows the flow of liquid through it. My Guess is screwing it in will close the valve and out will open it.

Of course, if the central boiler or heat unit is not on then you will not be able to gain any heat from it.



You can also place a small fan on the floor near the radiator to blow air across it. This will help heat up the room quicker.How do I adjust the temperature on my radiator?
yes if the heat is on it will make it wormer by screwing it out and cooler by screwing it in to make it cooler.