Thursday, September 22, 2011

Help! Why does my car goes dead when its temperature rised?

Recently, my car have some overheating problem...

The water always spill out from the radiator cap each after 10 minutes run.

After the car heats up at 90 centigrade, it get stall.

No matter how hard I try, the car wont start... Unless, if the car cooled down to 80 centigrade...



I changed my clogged radiator, broken thermostat, defective water pump, gaskets and so on... The water didn't spill out again...

Now, my car run at below 85 centigrade... Which is better than before... I also added some coolant in it...



The engine runs so much smoother than before...



Now, here's the problem...

When the car is cold, it will rev up easily, powerful, quiet, easily ignite, and so forth... No problem is found... Just likes normal car...



But, when its reach 80 centigrade, the car runs weakly, easily stall, noisy, hard to crank, barely run and etc...



When the engine is heats up, its always stall each time I release the foot pedal, climbing small hills, turn the steering, turn on the air-cond, shifting to %26quot;D%26quot; gear and much more...



The car runs smoothly, no misfire is detected...

But, whole bunch of mechanics says it's the ignition system. So, I tried replace a new set of spark plugs and new set ignition coils.



Still no luck...



Then, I found out my Catalytic Converter clogged. I replaced it, and it runs better. Yet, the problem is still not solved...



Can someone help me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!



(Sorry for the long questions and my bad English... Lol!!)Help! Why does my car goes dead when its temperature rised?
Without knowing what brand car you have, you have two temperature sensors. One goes to your temperature gauge and the other to your power module. When you first start your car your computer module goes into a default, meaning, that all inputs (temperature, vacuum, etc) are preset by the computer. When your engine reaches a certain temperature, it signals the computer to get off default and start monitoring all inputs. You might want to check out if this sensor is not malfunctioning. It should be easy to locate it as most are installed around the front of the engine block in the vicinity of the water pump thermostat housing.Help! Why does my car goes dead when its temperature rised?
Hope that took care of the problem.

Report Abuse